One of the big questions that podcasters want to know is how to support their habit. How do I make money with my show? Making money can be a challenge. It is usually the biggest challenge podcasters face. How to make the ever elusive cash.
This is where some very smart people decided to take the crowdfunding craze and apply it to media creators and you have what was 4 sites that are down to 3 but these three sites
- Podfund – Very close to Kickstarter but… They are closed. This funding site opened their doors about the same time as Patreon
- Use WePay and very confusing as to how to set it up.
- Setups Donations or Goals
- Support page is broken
- at the end there were only 14 people that had used podfund
- After talking to the guys at podfund through twitter I found out that there is a new group that has taken over the site and are working on getting it back up and operational again
- Castbacker – new guy centered around only podcasting
- Uses Stripe – so you will need to set up that first
- For Podcasters
- Pretty straight forward for your fans to back your podcast.
- Patreon – currently the old guard for this field
- Most popular and has had the most success in helping fund podcasts.
- Tom Merritt brought most attention to the platform and is currently bringing in $14,444 dollars a month.
- You can set up Per episode or per month
- joyride – New Kid on the block
- Invite only
- they have some pretty big claims in being able to help bring money into your show.